Re: gnokii via telnet

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: gnokii via telnet
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:07:28 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 10:29:42AM +0100, Andreas Bayer wrote:
> can i use gnokii with a cellphone connected over telnet or raw-ip?
>
> I have a remote serial converter named Vision Systems Netcom 113. It has
> a rs232 port, which is accessable over telnet or raw-ip.

Try to look into your driver disks. Manufacturers usually add a program
which emulates a serial port using pseudo ttys. If I were you I test
it first.

> My cellphone is a Nokia 6150.
>
> How can i configure gnokii to use a telnet-connection ?

Someone added tcp device support some ages ago, but the phone drivers
hasn't used it. I modified the drivers to use it, changes in the cvs.
Don't forget to set DTR high and RTS low to operate the link in fbus mode.

Bye,
Bozo