Re: Phone powers off automatically after switching it on (Nokia 6100)

From: Johannes Zellner
Subject: Re: Phone powers off automatically after switching it on (Nokia 6100)
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:19:51 +0100

> On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 11:13:33AM +0100, Johannes Zellner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after I got finally gnokii to connect over irda to my Nokia 6100, (OS
> > Linux 2.4.23) the phone doesn't work any more! If I switch it on and
> > enter my PIN, it tells me that the PIN is accepted but then it
> > immediately powers off.
> >
> > Is there a way to get the phone functional again ? -- maybe some sort of
> > "reset"?
> >
> > Any help much appreciated!

I got a private reply from Henning Stoll <address@hidden>, who had
apparently the very same problem:

> I've got the same problem. (Same Phone, same kernel, gnokii 5.8)
> It took hours to convice gnokii to communicate with the phone. And then
> the same thing happened. Now I can switch the phone on, enter my pin, pin
> is accepted and the phone powers off. Could you solve the problem?
> Greetings
> Henning

meanwhile I sent my phone to nokia for repair (still waiting for getting
it returned).

!!! This means that gnokii is not usable with the 6100 if one does not
want to risk to break it (or it's software) !!!

My question: does anyone use successfully gnokii with the nokia 6100 (over
the infrared port) ?

--
Johannes