Re: 3510i: Supported or not?

From: Rafal Czlonka
Subject: Re: 3510i: Supported or not?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:11:23 +0100

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 10:25:18AM +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:
> It is rather impossible. And we'll definitely not fix it if we don't know
> what exectly does not work and what works.

I was so lazy to look for a solution, because for now everything what I
need is in xgnokii ;^)

I use packaged 0.5.8 version from debian.org. I found out that gnokii
binary is not run directly, but through a shell script. I made the
primary mistake - didn't read the error message.

address@hidden:~$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.5.8
Timeout: aborting command ``/usr/lib/gnokii/gnokii'' with signal 9
/usr/bin/gnokii: line 16:  2603 Killed            timeout $TIMEOUT $BINARY
"$@"

I didn't found that kind of script in gnokii sources, so I assume that
it is added by the package maintainer.

Simply changing the timeout from 30 to 60 seconds worked. I takes gnokii
about 40 seconds to identify a phone, isn't that too long?

Regards,
--
Rafal Czlonka