gnokii 0.5.9 smsd DB Modules compilation question

From: papa_san
Subject: gnokii 0.5.9 smsd DB Modules compilation question
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:56:23 +0100

I noticed when compiling smsd that puzzels me a bit.

In the smsd/README it still says :

 vi Makefile (edit paths in "DB Modules" section)
 make
 make libpq.so OR make libmysql.so OR make libfile.so
 make install

but the make target is now libpq.la, libmysql.la or libfile.la

What is the point?

I noticed the new smsd works with the old libmysql.so. Should I let the make install overwrite it with the libmysql.la?

By the way:

if someone wants gnokii binaries for redhat 6.1 the can contact me to give me a crash course in making an rpm :-)

Regards,

Papa