Re: "$ gnokii --writephonebook" entry

From: Alexey Muzalyov
Subject: Re: "$ gnokii --writephonebook" entry
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:00:27 +0300

On Friday 09 April 2004 11:35, Pawel Kot wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Alexey Muzalyov wrote:
> > I can download phone book from phone to computer in any format with:
> >
> > $ gnokii --getphonebook ME 1 end  -l >> ctc.ldif
> > or
> > $ gnokii --getphonebook ME 1 end  -v >> ctc.vcf
> > or
> > $ gnokii --getphonebook ME 1 end  -r >> ctc.csv
> >
> > But I cannot upload it back. Either uploading does not work for Nokia
> > 6210, or I do something wrong.
>
> But what's the error? If you write it back, be sure to use overwrite flag.
>
> pkot

Hi,
These is what I am trying. I use different combinations of options, but my
phone book in the Nokia 6210 phone remains empty. No error messages, it just
hangs on. I stop it with CTRL+C. I think I do something wrongly, because I
can download the phonebook from phone easily.

$ gnokii --writephonebook -o -m ME -n 1 -l ctc.ldif
$ gnokii --writephonebook -o -m ME -v -i ctc.vcf
$ gnokii --writephonebook -o -m ME -v ctc.vcf
$ gnokii --writephonebook -i -o -v ctc.vcf
$ gnokii --writephonebook -o ME -v ctc.vcf

And I cannot upload the phone book into the phone via Xgnokii 0.6.0 from file
either, as the book remains empty after the upload. Though I can import from
file into Xgnokii and contacts seem to be OK in the Contacts window. That is
why I want to learn to upload from the file via Gnokii command line. That is
why I asked to send me the working command line entry for Gnokii 0.6.0, which
does upload the contacts from file into the phone, because I cannot figure
out how to do it. Maybe if I see the correct entry, which works, I can
understand what I do wrongly. Or maybe it does not work for Nokia 6210. I can
not tell, as I started to use Gnokii for couple of days only.

Did you upload the contacts from file into you phone with "--writephonebook"?
What was the correct command line entry? I just need this one line, Then I
could see that it is either my lack of experience, so that I can not figure
out how to do it right, or it does not work for Nokia 6210.

tks & brgds Alexey