Re: Nokia 6100 + USB cable

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia 6100 + USB cable
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:26:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Alexei Khalimov wrote:

> Today I got myself USB cable for my Nokia 6100.
> It is detected by system (freebsd 5.2.1) as:
> ucom0: Prolific Technology PL2303 Serial adapter (ATEN/IOGEAR UC232A), rev
> 1.10/2.02, addr 2
>
> But...
> when I set model = 6100 phone is detected ok (so I assume cable works)
> ----------------------
> Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
> Message received: 0x1b / 0x0032
> Received message type 1b
> model length: 5
> Received model NPL-2
> Sorry, this function is known to break your phone (Nokia 6100). Refusing to
> do it. You may try to use AT driver. If you are brave enough to test the
> driver anyway, please contact developers at address@hidden
> GSM/FBUS init failed!
> -----------------------

The above was added for Linux/IrDA connection. I think you can safely
remove the checking inside common/phones/nk6510.c

> So I have changed configuration to model = AT, but:
> -----------------------
> Initializing AT capable mobile phone ...
> Initialization failed (6)
> GSM/FBUS init failed!

Apparently the phone or the cable chip needs some control sequence to be
switched into AT mode. Unfortunately I don't know (yet) this sequence.

> Is there any special initialization required to put it into AT command mode?
> (I assume this is also needed before I will be able to use PPP with it)

I guess so :-(

mailto:address@hidden
http://www.gnokii.org/