Re: nokia 3390b, cannot connect

From: Luke Albers
Subject: Re: nokia 3390b, cannot connect
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:22:11 -0500

I'm not sure if this is making progress or not:
(still using 0.5.10)

after changing the model, as reccommended, when I did
gnokii --monitor
it said after a while:
Entering monitor mode...

I dont know what it was supposed to do in monitor mode, but it sat
there, so I killed it and did
gnokii --identify

and after another long wait it gave me:

Lockfile /var/lock/LCK..0 is stale.  Overriding it..
IMEI            :  (unknown)
Manufacturer    :  Nokia
Model           :  (unknown)
Revision        :  (unknown)

so it looks like its connecting, or at least thinks it is connecting.
Is this output right, or should it be able to find all the info that it
marked as (unknown)??

I will upgrade versions when I get a little more time, but I appreciate
any further suggestions that may help me resolve this problem.

thanks for your help