Re: smsd segmentation fault

From: procadas
Subject: Re: smsd segmentation fault
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 09:54:45 +0100

                      Jan Derfinak <address@hidden>

                      Sent by:                                         To:
 "Discussion forum for gnokii users."
                      gnokii-users-bounces+procadas=creditus.pt
<address@hidden>
                      @nongnu.org                                      cc:

 Re: smsd segmentation fault

                      18-05-2004 23:37

                      Please respond to "Discussion forum for

                      gnokii users."

>On Tue, 18 May 2004 address@hidden wrote:
>
>Hello.
>
>> Solved. The problem was a new column in inbox, phone,  in the wrong
>> position.
>
>Can you be more specific please? I thought that smsd is independent from
>column position.
>

>                                                jan

Hi Jan.

Yes, I thought that too but, for some reason, soon smsd connected to the DB
it crashes. At first, I suspected something could be wrong with the DB,
maybe corrupted. Not the case. Then I turned into libmysql.so, but it was
ok too. Finally I created a new and empty DB with the sql file and voilá,
everything goes well. I never used the new columns (phone, dreport,...),
but added some of my own (user, salesman), so, when I tried the last
release of gnokii and smsd, I added the needed columns at the end. Only
after reordering the columns I ran out of problems. I can try reproduce it
again.

Pedro