Re: Nokia 3595 AT modem commands

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Nokia 3595 AT modem commands
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:02:57 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 07:21:45PM -0700, Gunnar Sigurdsson wrote:
> I have a Nokia 3595 with a RS232 cable from www.tangshop.com that
> snapps under the battery. This setup works with gnokii using 3510
> as the model.

Thanks for spotting this out. I added the 3595 to the list of the
supported models, you can use with the next release.

> As far as I can tell, gnokii uses the FBUS protocol
> to talk to the phone. I would like to know if this phone has a
> built in modem that makes AT commands available. If so, how do I
> access it?

It seems your phone contains a built-in modem. You can try it quite
easily, just start some terminal emulator program (minicom, kermit,
etc) and see what happens. Usually the DTR/RTS signals select between
FBUS and AT mode.

Bye,
Bozo