Problem in cooperation between gnokii and gsmlib

From: Libor Chocholaty
Subject: Problem in cooperation between gnokii and gsmlib
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 20:14:04 -0000

Hello,

I would like to use gnokiid in cooperation with gsmlib, but gsmlib trying to reset modem by following ioctl calls:
  // toggle DTR to reset modem
  int mctl = TIOCM_DTR;
  if (ioctl(_fd, TIOCMBIC, &mctl) < 0)
    throwModemException(_("clearing DTR failed"));
  // the waiting time for DTR toggling is increased with each loop
  usleep(holdoff[initTries]);
  if (ioctl(_fd, TIOCMBIS, &mctl) < 0)
    throwModemException(_("setting DTR failed"));

But the first ioctl call fails. I found three posible sources of problems: gnokiid, gsmlib, Linux kernel. I tried kernels 2.4.22, 2.6.5 and 2.6.7 with same results.

# ./gsmctl -d /dev/gnokii -o BATT
lt-gsmctl[ERROR]: clearing DTR failed (errno: 22/Invalid argument)
#

Do anybody know, how to use gnokiid and gsmlib together?

Thanks, Libor Chocholaty