successes with the Nokia 6800?

From: Brian Reichert
Subject: successes with the Nokia 6800?
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 04:59:18 +0000

I've seen from the archive that people have had some luck with the
6800, but I've been unable to replicate their success. :/

Some background:

I followed the lead on this web site:

  <http://gate.intercaf.ru/~lesha/6100/>

I purchased the very cable the author cited, and I've successfully
applied the pl2303x.patch to FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE.  The cable shows
up thusly:

  ucom0: Prolific Technology PL2303 Serial adapter (ATEN/IOGEAR
  UC232A), rev 1.10/2.02, addr 2

Yesterday, I pulled a snapshot of gnokii out of CVS, as I saw support
for the 6800 was added recently.  I've minimally edited a gnokiirc
file for myself:

  % diff Docs/sample/gnokiirc ~/.gnokiirc
  9c9
  < port = /dev/ttyS0
  ---
  > port = /dev/ucom0
  17c17
  < model = 6110
  ---
  > model = 6800
  47c47
  < use_locking = yes
  ---
  > use_locking = no

But I can't seem to get very far:

  o% gnokii --identify
  GNOKII Version 0.6.4-CVS-20040709
  IMEI         : (unknown)
  Manufacturer : Nokia
  Model        : (unknown)
  Revision     : (unknown)

Using some of the codes I see here:

  <http://nokiatone.ifrance.com/nokiatone/secrets.htm>

I can pull up my IMEI, and my software version:

  V 5.58
  14-04-04
  NSB-9
  (c) NMP

Any pointers?  People seem to have had other luck vis IRdA, but
that's not an option for me...

--
Brian Reichert                          <address@hidden>
37 Crystal Ave. #303                    Daytime number: (603) 434-6842