Problem with smsd and mysql

From: paul . rogers
Subject: Problem with smsd and mysql
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:18:54 +0100

Dear All

I have downloaded and successfully installed gnokii (0.6.3).  I can connect to
my phone (a nokia 3310) and send messages.

I am now trying to get smsd running.  I have installed mysql (4.0.20) and set
up the database using the scripts provided with smsd.  I have also compiled and
installed smsd without any (apparent) problems.

However when I run smsd I get the message:

smsd: relocation error:  /usr/local/lib/smsd/libmysql.so: undefined symbol:
mysql_init

I have tried adding -lz to the Makefile with no success.

Is this a problem with the version of mysql?  Can anyone suggest a way to fix
this?

Many thanks

Paul

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
notify the sender and do not store, copy or disclose the content
to any other person.

It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that opening this
message and/or any of its attachments will not adversely affect
its systems. No responsibility is accepted by the Company.