Re: Problem with submitting ringtones to 6210

From: John Sutton
Subject: Re: Problem with submitting ringtones to 6210
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:22:20 +0100

Hi Greg

Yes, I've got exactly this same problem except I'm using an irda connection
rather than DLR-3P.  Two questions:

Did updating the firmware fix it?

If yes, how do you do that?!  If you could send me a few pointers as to where
to get the firmware and how to do it, I'd be grateful.  I'm new to this stuff
;-)

TIA
John Sutton

> Today, I got the old 6210 handset with a DLR-3P cable from a friend. I
> wanted to try if I could get a new ringtone on it, but was only
> half-successful. Submit to and retrieve from phone worked in xgnokii and
> through the CIL, and I could  select the new ringtone. But when I made a
> call to myself, the mobile stayed silent. I tried the builtin ringtones and
> they worked, just not the one I uploaded. My old 7110 (which has a
> short-circuit somewhere) works without problems.
> Versions:
> Model: Nokia 6210 (NPE-3)
> Firmware: 03.01 D (21-08-00)
> Hardware: 3389
> OS: gentoo Linux w/ kernel 2.4.22, glibc 2.3.2
> It seems this is caused by a bug in the 6210 firmware (see the version).
> I'm going to update it and try again. Hope it'll work then.
> Anyone experienced something similar?

John Sutton
SCL Internet
URL http://www.scl.co.uk/