warning, broke my 6610i

From: Aart Koelewijn
Subject: warning, broke my 6610i
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:40:54 +0200

Hi,

yesterday I compiled the latest cvs source and played around a bit with
gnokii, smsd and xgnokii. The only time I uploaded something to the
phone was from xgnokii where I tried to set name, address and email from
the phone. I did not notice anything unusual then, but the phone was
lying in front of the infrared dongle where I could not see it easely.

I then closed xgnokii. Sometime later I noticed my phone had switched
off. When I try to switch it on it will ask for my pin-code, will accept
that code but will then only show a blank screen with battery indicator
for a short while and almost immeniately go to a black screen. Pushing
some buttons may result in showing that blank screen again for a short
while, but after about 1/2-1 minute it will give no reaction at all
anymore.

I used an irda-connection, port /dev/ircomm0, model 6610i.

I will go to the shop today and hope it can be repaired, I bought the
phone last Thursday. It looks like the software from the phone will have
to be reset in some way.

I advise others to be careful with this phone.

Aart