Re-ordering SMS messages on phone

From: Timothy Murphy
Subject: Re-ordering SMS messages on phone
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 12:46:14 +0100

The SMS messages on my Nokia 6310 are not listed in order of receipt
(which would seem logical to me).
This makes it very difficult to locate the most recent message
if I have a large number from the same person on the phone.

My present technique is to download the messages to my PC
using gnokii + bluetooth, eg
 gnokii --getsms IN 1 30 > sms-IN-20040917

I'm wondering if I now order the messages
can I upload them again to the phone?

Also, I'm sure this is a crazy way of finding recent messages -
what is the proper way to do this?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366