gnokii, Nokia 6230 and Address books

From: Peter Robinson
Subject: gnokii, Nokia 6230 and Address books
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:20:35 +0800

Hi All,

I have a Nokia 6230 with Bluetooth. I compiled up gnokii 0.6.4 on FC3
and it works very nicely over a BT connection. I can send SMS and
browse the contacts using xgnokii and so forth.

When I try and download the contacts as a vcard file using the command
like tool is comes back with errors about wrong memory type.

The output of gnokii --monitor is as follows

address@hidden ~]# gnokii --monitor
GNOKII Version 0.6.4
Entering monitor mode...
RFLevel: 100
Battery: 100
SIM: Used 5, Free 245
Phone: Used 110, Free 890
DC: Used 20, Free 236
EN: Used 0, Free 12544
FD: Used 0, Free 12544
MC: Used 3, Free 509
ON: Used 3, Free 97
RC: Used 20, Free 748
SMS Messages: Unread 0, Number 140
Network: YES OPTUS (Australia), LAC: 22de, CellID: ee91
CALL0: IDLE
CALL1: IDLE

When I try and get the phone memory it returns the following.

address@hidden ~]# gnokii --getphonebook Phone --vcard pbr-6320.vcd
GNOKII Version 0.6.4
Unknown memory type Phone (use ME, SM, ...)!

Using xgnokii it only displays the primary number and not any of the
other numbers or information stored as part of the contact. Does
xgnokii support multiple numbers per entry?

Any help for getting a vcard out of the phone with the entire address
book would be much appreciated.

Regards
Peter