Re: Bluetooth on 6310i

From: Simon Huggins
Subject: Re: Bluetooth on 6310i
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:44:39 +0000

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 05:00:47AM -0000, Nataraj S Narayan wrote:
> I have at last got hands on a 6310i Nokia. For me to use bluetooth and
> GPRS do i need any other packages like bleuz or any kernel module to
> use bluetooth with gnokii?

> Are all the things need for connectivity in gnokii?

gnokii can talk to a 6301i over bluetooth and can grab the phonebook
etc.

But it doesn't do ppp or anything nor is it needed to access the phone
when you do want to establish a GPRS connection via ppp from your
computer.

You'll need kernel support for whatever bluetooth device you have in
your computer and then you should be good to go with just the bluez
stuff.

Did you read any of the bluez howtos?
http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

Simon.

--
 -+//               "Somebody's poisoned the waterhole!"               \\+-