Long message - how many SMSes are sent out?

From: Miklos Niedermayer
Subject: Long message - how many SMSes are sent out?
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:38:44 +0100

Hi,

is there a way to calculate the number of SMSes needed when sending long texts?
I'm creating an interface for inserting messages into a database for
smsd, but as i can only send 500 free messages / month, i need a way
to know how many SMSes are actually sent out.  I've tried looking at
the sources, but the first SMS seemed to contain less characters than
i calculated.  The texts got UCS-2 encoded by smsd.

thanks,
Miklos