Re: nokia 3510i - dont work (usb cable)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: nokia 3510i - dont work (usb cable)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:32:39 +0000

May be useful to clean the protective resin in the phone's contacts with alcohol (isopropyl, ethanol, methanol ...). I did not get connection until cleaning the contacts.

The cable can be tested without a phone. Just connect the tx and rx pins together and use a terminal program to type some chars to port and they should echo back.

This way I found out that there was resin in the phone.