Re: FC 4, Nokia 6101 and CA-42

From: Harsha Ramesh
Subject: Re: FC 4, Nokia 6101 and CA-42
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 09:45:03 +0530

Hi,

If i am not mistaken, then support for CA-42 was built into the kernel-2.6.14, which was released yesterday. I need to upgrade the kernel and check if it helps. Do let me know if you come across some caveats.

thanks,
Harsha

On 10/28/05, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

2005/10/26, Alec Swan <address@hidden>:
> I just bought a new Nokia 6101 and a CA-42 cable to
> connect it to my Fedora Core 4. I tried configuring
> different settings in gnokiirc, but I keep getting the
> same errors when running gnokii --identify:

I think at the moment Linux doesn't support CA-42 well. You may see
http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/New_DKU_cable for hints.

> Should I try and install Nokia PC Suite for 6101 on
> Windows and try to get gnokii to work through CygWin,
> or this will not change a thing?

Yeah, gnokii with cygwin should work if the driver is in the system.

Pawel Kot
http://www.gnokii.org/