Nokia 6610 & CA-42

From: Arun Chadda
Subject: Nokia 6610 & CA-42
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:34:13 -0800 (PST)

I am using GNOKII Version 0.6.10, installed on Fedora
Core 4 with kernel 2.6.11.1.

My phone is Nokia 6610, using a CA-42 Cable, I checked
on Gnokii site and it was mentioned on the FAQ that
CA-42 is a replacement of DKU-5 so I picked up this
cable.  I am able to use this cable along with Nokia
PC-Suite in WindowsXP.

On Fedora Core, if i execute the command gnokii
-identify
After a very long time, I get this output

GNOKII Version 0.6.10
Lockfile /var/lock/LCK..ttyS0 is stale. Overriding
it..
IMEI         : (unknown)
Manufacturer : Nokia
Model        : (unknown)
Revision     : (unknown).

What do I do, please help, I need to get the phone
working under linux for a Linux conference where I
shall be presenting a talk on Gnokii.

Regards
Ac

http://farechase.yahoo.com