Re: DKU 5 on Fedora Core 3?

From: gnokii
Subject: Re: DKU 5 on Fedora Core 3?
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:30:18 -0500

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 08:20:50PM +0530, Srikanth Nori wrote:

> Has anybody managed to get the DKU-5 cable to work with Fedora Core 3?
> I am running the default kernel 2.6.9-1.667, with no modifications. It
> is unable to recognize the DKU-5.

I've been able to get a DKU-5 cable working (though not with FC3... on
one Debian and one Ubuntu system).

> When I plug in the cable dmesg shows that a new device has been
> connected but it does not assign any driver to it. Hence there is no
> /dev/ttyUSBS0 device created.
>
> I read elsewhere that the modules usbserial and pl2303 must be
> available. Both are available in lsmod.

There's a couple different versions of the DKU-5.  Only one needs the
pl2303 driver.  Mine used the ti_usb_3410_5052 driver.  You can tell
which you should use by using the "lsusb" command.

There used to be information about this at:

http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/New_DKU_cable

But the wiki seems to be down right now.  You can put that into google
to see its cache until the wiki comes back.

If you can tell us which version of the DKU-5, someone might be able
to help you more.

Kevin.