smsd 1.4-cvs and mysql 4.1

From: Eric Persson
Subject: smsd 1.4-cvs and mysql 4.1
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:20:20 +0100

From time to time I bounce back for help on this mailinglist and so once again. :)

I have installed gnokii and smsd-mysql on my debain-testing machine, and together with it mysql 4.1.15-Debian_1-log.

And when trying to start smsd with:
persson:/etc/mysql# smsd -mmysql -l/usr/share/smsd/ -usmsd -psmsd -dsms -clocalhost
Connection to database 'sms' on host 'localhost' failed.
Error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I assume there is some problem with the authentication protocol in the libmysql.so and the installed mysql 4.1. I know they changed something there, but is it possible to get hold of another libmysql.so or perhaps a workaround to allow mysql 4.1 logins with the older authentication protocol?

Any hints?

Thanks for doing this great software. :)

/eric