Re: How to write phonebook to Nokia 6100?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: How to write phonebook to Nokia 6100?
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 21:08:18 +0100

Hi,

2005/12/14, Juhani Jaakola <address@hidden>:
> But I can't write the phonebook to 6100. When I have "model = 6100" in my
> .gnokiirc, I get a message that gnokii might break 6100 so the command is
> refused.

There are problems with IrDA transfer for an unknown reasons. If you
are not afraid and you can reflash your phone, you can disable the
warning in the source code.

> When I change to "model = AT" I get a timeout:
>
> $ cat pb.vcf | gnokii --writephonebook -o -m ME -v
> GNOKII Version 0.6.10
> Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out.
> Quitting.

Could you enable debug? And check whether irda subsystem can see the phone?
> By the way, what is causing the 6100 break down? Is the problem that the 6100
> cannot handle messages if they come too rapidly??? If so, could the pace be
> made slower (additional delays if the model is 6100)?

I don't think this is the cause. But of course it may be. We still
don't have the hardware to test it. :-(

take care,
Pawel Kot
http://www.gnokii.org/