Nokia 2112 -- DKU5 -- udev

From: Saurabh Nanda
Subject: Nokia 2112 -- DKU5 -- udev
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 00:18:13 +0530

Hi,

I'm on an Ubuntu 5.10 system; kernel 2.6.15.1. I'm using gnokii 0.6.8 and udev.

I am trying to connect my Nokia 2112 CDMA phone using a
(non-Nokia/grey market) DKU5 cable. It shows the "Ready for data" and
"Data connection ended" status messages if I plug-in/plug-out the
phone. The problem, however, is that I cannot seem to find a
corresponding /dev entry after plugging-in the phone. Therefore, I can
not specify the port parameter in the gnokiirc file and go ahead with
the installation. It seems as if udev is the culprit and I don't know
how to fix it. After plugging-in the phone, the lsusb output is:

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 046d:c505 Logitech, Inc. Cordless
Mouse+Keyboard ReceiverBus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
** Bus 002 Device 003: ID 07d0:4101 Dazzle
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

The line marked with ** is the new line that appears after plugging-in
the phone. A more verbose lsusb output is appened to this email.

Could anyone please tell me how to identify the correct /dev entry for
the phone?

TIA
Nandz
------------
*** Relevant portion of the verbose lsusb output ***

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 07d0:4101 Dazzle
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.10
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x07d0 Dazzle
  idProduct          0x4101
  bcdDevice            0.00
  iManufacturer           1 Kingsun Semiconductor
  iProduct                2 USB to Serial
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           41
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          4 USB to Serial
    bmAttributes         0x80
    MaxPower              100mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           2
      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
      bInterfaceSubClass      0
      bInterfaceProtocol      0
      iInterface              0
      Endpoint Descriptor: