Re: xgnokii coredump

From: Pavel Khmelinsky
Subject: Re: xgnokii coredump
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:17:27 +0400

Pawel Kot wrote:
Hi,

On 4/14/06, Pavel Khmelinsky <address@hidden> wrote:

Got it on the middle of downloading my phone book.

(xgnokii:7203): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
pango_layout_set_text()

Pango-ERROR **: file pango-layout.c: line 3286 (pango_layout_check_lines):
assertion failed: (end <= (layout->text + layout->length))
aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)

GDB report so:
Core was generated by `xgnokii'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0xb7803591 in ?? (

Seems like i have some symbol in my phonebook which killing iconv. But... Why
segfault? Why not to simple drop this symbol?

Unfortunately this report doesn't give me a clue where this segfault
occurs. Pango library is the standard gnome library and I am not sure
whether it segfaults or libgnokii. Gdb trace looks also incomplete.

Teach me how to provide you more details.

One more, its always segfaulting not on the middle of the phonebook list but at the end of it. So seems like after programe got al records it do something with records and segfaulting.

Pavel S. Khmelinsky <address@hidden>
System Administrator,
ISP Yauza Telecom
http://www.yauza.ru