Re: Nokia 6230, gnokii, blutetooth and kaddressbook (3.5.2)

From: Helge Deller
Subject: Re: Nokia 6230, gnokii, blutetooth and kaddressbook (3.5.2)
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:07:03 +0200

On Monday 17 April 2006 18:44, Pawel Kot wrote:
> On 4/17/06, Andreas K. H. von Rüden <address@hidden> wrote:
> > GNOKII Version 0.6.12
> > LOG: debug mask is 0x1
> > LOG: rlpdebug mask is 0x1
> > phone instance config:
> > model: 6310
> > port_device: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
> > connection_type: 5
> [...]
> > I can get all contacts from the phone. But exporting from kaddressbook, it
> > says:
> > LOG: debug mask is 0x1
> > LOG: rlpdebug mask is 0x1
> > phone instance config:
> > model: 6310
> > port_device: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
> > connection_type: 0
>
> Connection type is being set incorrectly. Probably something got
> changed since kde 3.4.0. You should talk to KDE people.

Hi Pawel,

I think the problem is, that some structures in libgnokii (esp.
gn_statemachine and maybe gn_data) changed between the two gnokii versions.
That's something external sources like KDE can't know about, and since they
were originally built against old sources of gnokii, they continue to use the
old data structures.

I just committed an ugly patch to the KDE sources
(http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdepim/kaddressbook/xxport/gnokii_xxport.cpp?rev=530829&view=rev)
  which should fix this problem, but longterm I would prefer if libgnokii could
export the following functions:
        API struct gn_statemachine *gn_alloc_statemachine();
        API gn_error gn_free_statemachine(struct gn_statemachine *sm);

Regards,
Helge

@Andreas: For now it will only work if you recompile the kaddressbook filter
with the gnokii header files from 0.6.12, or if you apply the patch I just
committed to the kaddressbook filter.
It's not a bug in kaddressbook in general, but instead changed data structures
in gnokii libraries underneath the KDE sources.