nokia 6019i help

From: Dan.Baker
Subject: nokia 6019i help
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:34:07 -0700

Gnokii 0.6.9

Slackware Linux 10.1

Linux Kernel 2.6.16

I have a nokia 6019i attached with a Prolific PL2303 dku-5 equivalent cable. I have the prolific driver compiled into the kernel and see it in dmesg when I plug in:

usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2

pl2303 3-1:1.0: pl2303 converter detected

usb 3-1: pl2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB0

ttyUSB0 exists under /dev and is mod 666.

This phone is nearly the same as a 6015i, also a type rh-55, and I have done the procedure shown here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnokii-users/2005-11/msg00063.html

substituting 6019i for 6015i

When I do a gnokii –identify, I get about a 2-minute delay followed by this:

GNOKII Version 0.6.9

IMEI         : (unknown)

Manufacturer : Nokia

Model        : (unknown)

Revision     : (unknown)

Gnokii –getprofile hangs.

Any ideas on where I’ve gone wrong?

Dan Baker

The information contained in this message, including attachments, may contain privileged or confidential information that is intended to be delivered only to the person identified above. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, ALLTEL requests that you immediately notify the sender and asks that you do not read the message or its attachments, and that you delete them without copying or sending them to anyone else.