Re: iso-8859-2, utf-8, or how with nokia 5110

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: iso-8859-2, utf-8, or how with nokia 5110
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 12:56:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 8 May 2006, Horvath, Akos wrote:

I have not found 'Sending SMS', but here is the part of the log:

I really don't understand why gn_log_xdebug() doesn't work on your system.
I need be sure, that data from DB are correctly passed to
sms.user_data[0].u.text structure so please download gnokii source and edit
line 201 in smsd/mysql.c. Replace
gn_log_xdebug ("Sending SMS: %s, %s\n", sms.remote.number, sms.user_data[0].u.text);
with
g_print ("Sending SMS: %s, %s\n", sms.remote.number, sms.user_data[0].u.text);

and try to compile and run smsd. You should see line begining with 'Sending
SMS', then the number and sms text which is passed to gn_sms_send().

General Data Coding
Error calling mctowb!
Error calling mctowb!

char_mbtowc() is called from char_uni_alphabet_encode()
in common/gsm-encoding.c.
I think, result of its fail is that you get wrong sms. But I'm not sure about
reason, so please check if data from DB are correct.

Received message type 02
Address: +36.........  //edited
Text: Árvíztűrő tükörfúrógép

Hmm. Pawel, can I understand this, that data passed to gn_sms_send() are
correct? What is then wrong. Is smsd missing some initialization code from
gnokii?

jan