Re: production and develope mode

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: production and develope mode
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 10:22:29 +0200

Hi,

On 5/15/06, Fadfdsj <address@hidden> wrote:
I have installed on my ubuntu dapper the deb package of gnokii 0.62 and I
feel good.

That's good. Especially on Monday morning ;-)

Now I would like to test the CVS version of gnokii.
I have to download the CVS source and compile it.

Or you could prepare deb package.

Could it have an impact on 0.6.12 version?

Yes. Mainly because of the second version of libgnokii.

Could some one give me some infos on install new testing release whithout
compromise the production release.

Choose not conflicting prefix (default /usr/local may be a good
choice) and use --disable-shared option for configure. It won't
generate libgnokii. You won't be able to use it with any other app but
gnokii and xgnokii should work just fine.

And it makes me think that we should not install gnokii.pc when
--disable-shared is used...

Could I use checkinstall or there are some configuration options in gnokii?

I don't think it will work harmlessly.

take care,
Pawel Kot
http://www.gnokii.org/