Re: gnokii-users Digest, Vol 42, Issue 12

From: Derek Higgins
Subject: Re: gnokii-users Digest, Vol 42, Issue 12
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 19:17:14 +0100

Hi again,
  Thanks for your input, I have gotton my software up and running now with smsd
and the mysql module, there is only one small issue that I seem to be having,
each sms is arriving to the inbox table twice, I am using a 6230i with a DKU-2 cable and the AT model. Any ideas what might be causing this? would trying to
compile the dku-2 kernal module help?

Thanks,
Derek.

>Hi All,
>
>    I am putting together a system that both sends and receives texts
> on a 24/7 basis. would smsd be a suitable platform for this or are
> there any known problems with longterm stability etc...

SMSD has been running here for probably over a year (I lose track on how
long exactly). Not had any problems so far.

>    Also another thing I am worried about is how a phone stands up
>to being plugged in on a long term basis, has anybody had any
>experiences of phones giving up after being plugged in for a number

Had a Nokia 3510i plugged in and switched on 24x7 for over a year as well.
No issues so far.

>of weeks/months... If this is the case would I be better opting for a
>gsm modem? and if so does smsd support these?

>    My system would only be sending and receiving at most 10 to
>20 texts per day so I don't see load being a problem but it does need
>to be always on.

My system probably sends between 20 and 100 texts a day, so SMSD should be
able to handle your anticipated throughput without issue.

>Any input appreciated,
>
>Many Thanks,
>Derek.

Regards,