Re: install-docs target

From: Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik
Subject: Re: install-docs target
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:27:16 +0200

On 10:15:55 2007-10-11 "Pawel Kot" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> gnokii make install, currently does not install any documentation.
> Instead we have install-docs target that installs user documentation.
> As the objection to this behaviour appeared, the question is: should
> we get rid of install-docs target and move its functionality into
> install target or leave it as it is?

Well you already know my opinion since I filed the bug :)

So far all the packages I ever used always installed atleast
a sample(into the doc dir) config, README, COPYING/LICENSE and man pages
using default make install target. This would be sufficient I think for most
users. I think better than getting rid of it is split it up...

Must have documentiation(make install):
man pages
sample gnokiirc
README
COPYING

Optional documentation(make install-docs):
any html docs, howtos, api docs etc...

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6  F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C