Re: Battery levels

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Battery levels
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 20:07:09 +0100

Hi,

On 11/1/07, Bastien Nocera <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 10:47 +0100, Daniele Forsi wrote:
> > the formula used in common/phones/nk6510.c is probably what I copied without
> > undestanding the two different battery_unit settings:
> > 3563: *(data->battery_level) = message[9] * 100 /
> > state->driver.phone.max_battery_level;
>
> To be fair, I didn't really understand those values either.

This is meant to express the battery level (and network as well) as a
percentage of fully charged battery (or full network range). Or rather
this is to show the same information you have on the phone display (in
fact 6 of 7 levels doesn't mean battery is 85% charged -- the
defradation seems to be expotential in reality). You can notice that
in the driver capabilities you have max_percentage set to 7 (in nk6510
driver) -- that's how many levels you can see on your phone screen
(not sure if this is really correct for all phones compatible with
nk6510 driver -- at least 6230i, 6170 and 6021 do have 7 levels).

In other words libgnokii is expected the output value as a percentage
of maximum value.

take care,
Pawel Kot