Re: Unable to read SMS

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Unable to read SMS
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:40:15 +0100

Akarsh Simha wrote:

> I am using gnokii 0.6.18 to connect to a Nokia 6233 using a USB Cable. I am
> able to connect successfully through /dev/ttyACM0 and model = AT.

does it work with model = 6233?
In this case you should read from IN instead of SM (see --getsms in man gnokii
or wiki.gnokii.org)

> I'm attaching the output of a --getsms ME 1 command.

your phone doesn't like the AT command to select reading SMS from ME:

> 03 41 54 2b 43 50 4d 53 3d 22 4d 45 22 0d 0d 0a |  AT+CPMS="ME"
> 45 52 52 4f 52 0d                               | ERROR

to know what are the memory names it accepts you need to use a terminal
program (eg. minicom) to send directly to /dev/ttyACM0 the command
AT+CPMS=?

An answer like
+CPMS: ("ME","SM"),("ME","SM"),("MT")
would mean that both ME and SM are valid, which doesn't seem to be your case

--
Daniele