Re: gnokii --getsms and nokia 3110c

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii --getsms and nokia 3110c
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:58:23 +0100

Hi,

On Feb 17, 2008 10:34 AM, Jens Wilhelm Wulf <address@hidden> wrote:

> On my mobile there are some sms in the inbox, some in the outbox and some in
> a subfolder of the archive (let's call it "saved").
>
> Results:
> It seems that a message can be correctly read from the phone, but gnokii
> seems to randomly fetch messages, no matter which folder should be read.

The problem is (I suspect buggy firmware) in what is being returned by
the phone. For these phones there are following issues:
 - phone does not respond to get folders command
 - when using hardcoded folder identifiers we can get some messages
but in some cases these are messages taken from random folders in the
phone (I couldn't see any pattern)
We try to get as much as we can from the phone. Currently there are
just two folders harcdoded, there should be probably some more. And
that's it. We cannot do any better with FBUS driver.

However, Nokia PC Suite uses Obex for retrieving SMS. So the other
option is to use Obex protocol. But unless there's a volunteer to
implement it right now, it will take some time to have it working.

> IN: gnokii saves some messages, but none of them is from the inbox but from
>     "saved".

gnokii saves == gnokii reads?

take care,
Pawel Kot