Re: gnokii 0.6.23

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.6.23
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 22:20:45 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Leo costela Antunes <address@hidden> wrote:
>  Pawel Kot wrote:
>
>  > Why they should be in /usr/sbin?
>
>  I suggest that only because they, AFAIK, tend to be used as root and as
>  daemons. But since they're not strictly only usable by root they don't
>  _need_ to be there (according to the FHS, at least).

smsd should not be run as root. That's definite. I have no problem
with placing smsd in /usr/sbin, I just need to get convincing
arguments :)

>  > Could you please show configure output? And config log? Do you run
>  > configure script from the tarball? If you generate your own, are you
>  > sure you use *new* autogen.sh script?
>
>  I'm using the standard configure script.
>
>  I've attached the config.log and build output from the following commands:
>  $ ./configure --prefix=/usr LDFLAGS="-Wl,-z,defs" ; make
>  $ ./configure --prefix=/usr LDFLAGS="-Wl,-z,defs,-lglib-2.0" ; make
>
>  So you have 4 files representing the two situations: build with '-z
>  defs' and build with '-z defs' plus manual override to '-lglib-2.0'.
>  The third not mentioned situation, the normal build, goes OK.
>  All was tried on pristine tarballs.

Bastien, it seems that we should add $(GLIB_LIBS) $(PTHREAD_LIBS)
$(INTLLIBS) or at least $(GLIB_LIBS) to smsd/Makefile.am for db
plugins linkage. I'm not sure what's the best way to do it.

>  One last thing: it seems "make clean" is removing common/gnvcal.c, is
>  that intentional and necessary? Since this makes it impossible for two
>  sequential builds with a clean in between, and this in turn may cause
>  some trouble for Debian auto-build daemons, could that be changed?
>  I know having flex installed could solve this problem, but I wanted to
>  keep build-dependencies to a minimum, and since the file is already in

'make clean' should not remove it. 'make dist-clean' used to do it.
Bastien, is it easy to fix?

take care,
Pawel Kot