Re: sendsms succeeded with reference number

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: sendsms succeeded with reference number
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:53:48 +0200

2009/7/18 Vieri:

> What is the reference number on a successful sendsms for?

it used to identify an SMS so the SMSC can discard duplicates (it
would be interesting to implement this in libgnokii as it should avoid
being billed twice when the network is slow and smsd times out waiting
for an ack and does a resend) and to match an SMS against a
confirmation report

> Does this reference number appear in a confirmation report (-r)? (I haven't
> seen it)

it is decoded by libgnokii but not printed by gnokii --getsms

--
Daniele Forsi