Re: gettodo implemented for nokia series 40? "unhandled frame"

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: gettodo implemented for nokia series 40? "unhandled frame"
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 15:23:34 +0200

2009/8/31 Chris Parsons:

> I want to be able to delete and create todo items.

> If this functionality is currently unsupported with this model then I could
> potentially help develop it,
> though I don't know where to start with the protocol (but haven't tried
> looking yet).

you're welcome to try, you got the phone and the interest and nobody
knows "where to start with the protocol" because there is no official
documentation, all that is known by gnokii is the Docs directory and
in the sources (you're interested in files with 6510 in the name)

--gettodo doesn't work on your phone and other Series 40 because Nokia
changed something
if you have a Windows PC and Nokia PC Suite gives access to your todos
and you think it's legal, you can try to reverse engineer the protocol
(I think it's legal in Europe but IANAL), just read or write two items
and compare the frames

you can start tracing the execution of --gettodo in
common/phones/nk6510.c (use git version) and figure out why the final
error is "The given location is empty." (GN_ERR_EMPTYLOCATION in code)
instead of "The current frame isn't handled by the incoming function."
(GN_ERR_UNHANDLEDFRAME): if there is a point where
GN_ERR_UNHANDLEDFRAME is ignored than that's a bug and maybe that's
the place where you must add the command you want to implement

you can also try to understand the meaning of the unhandled frame:
> reply: 0x55 / 0x000a
> 01 00 00 f0 14 15 01 00 00 00                   |

but that's difficult, unless you can recreate the same error with a
phone that supports --gettodo

> Phone: 5310 XpressMusic (Series40 I think)

yes, it's a Series 40 5th Edition, we don't know if that "5th" makes
difference, we only know that 1st and 2nd are more similar to older
models than 3rd

--
Daniele Forsi