Re: smsd Segmentation fault (Nokia 5130 Xpress Music)

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: smsd Segmentation fault (Nokia 5130 Xpress Music)
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 21:31:08 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 15:05, Gustavo Delfino <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am getting a segmentation fault everytime I try to run smsd with under Mac
> OS X 10.5.8 with my Nokia 5130 Xpress Music.

Do I get it right that it segfaults just right after startup?

> smsd - version 1.4.4 from gnokii 0.6.29git
> LOG: debug mask is 0x1
> Config read from file /Users/gdelfino/.gnokiirc.
> Lockfile /var/lock/LCK..00:25:47:26:54:b7 is stale. Overriding it...
> phone instance config:
> model = series40
> port = 00:25:47:26:54:b7
> connection = bluetooth
> initlength = default
> serial_baudrate = 19200
> serial_write_usleep = -1
> handshake = software
> require_dcd = 0
> smsc_timeout = 10
> rfcomm_channel = 0
> sm_retry = 0
>
> Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
> Reason: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at address: 0xaffff93c
> [Switching to process 32850 thread 0x1403]
> 0x00255251 in NK6510_Functions ()
> (gdb) backtrace
> #0  0x00255251 in NK6510_Functions ()
> #1  0x0020d695 in register_driver (driver=0x27d0e0, model=0x779004
> "series40", setupmodel=<value temporarily unavailable, due to
> optimizations>, sm=0x779000) at gsm-api.c:115

Honestly it's pretty hard to say what could be wrong in here...

> 1) Compilation fails if I just use:
>
> ./configure --without-x
> It compiles fine with
> CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/share/gettext/" ./configure --without-x

So no gettext is recognized correctly. Can you share output of
configure and generated config.log file?

> 2) Sometimes I have to use "sudo make" instead of just "make". Otherwise I
> get an error which includes this line:
>
> /var/folders/CE/CEGG2q3eFYSgn+cIkPH-hU+++TI/-Tmp-//ccwwlfMs.s:unknown:FATAL:can't
> create output file: .libs/libPHONES_la-generic.o

It may be some strange thing with make version you have. If you repeat
make (just make without sudo) is it repeatable?

> 3) During configure, I get this bluetooth related warning:
>
> checking for the bluetooth support... checking for the struct sockaddr_rc in
> <bluetooth/rfcomm.h>... no
> checking for the MacOS X bluetooth support... checking
> CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h usability... yes
> checking CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h presence... yes
> checking for CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h... yes
> checking IOBluetooth/Bluetooth.h usability... yes
> checking IOBluetooth/Bluetooth.h presence... yes
> checking for IOBluetooth/Bluetooth.h... yes
> checking IOBluetooth/IOBluetoothUserLib.h usability... no
> checking IOBluetooth/IOBluetoothUserLib.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: IOBluetooth/IOBluetoothUserLib.h: present but cannot be
> compiled
> configure: WARNING: IOBluetooth/IOBluetoothUserLib.h:     check for missing
> prerequisite headers?
> configure: WARNING: IOBluetooth/IOBluetoothUserLib.h: see the Autoconf
> documentation
> configure: WARNING: IOBluetooth/IOBluetoothUserLib.h:     section "Present
> But Cannot Be Compiled"
> configure: WARNING: IOBluetooth/IOBluetoothUserLib.h: proceeding with the
> compiler's result
> configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to http://www.gnokii.org/ ##
> checking for IOBluetooth/IOBluetoothUserLib.h... no

I'll have a look (although it may be hard without any Mac box).

take care,
--
Pawel Kot