Re: Is Sony Ericsson F3507g module supported?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Is Sony Ericsson F3507g module supported?
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 20:06:49 +0200

Hi,

2010/4/3 Mateusz Loskot <address@hidden>:
> I use ThinkPad T400 with built-in GSM chipset Sony Ericsson F3507g
> (http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Ericsson_F3507g_Mobile_Broadband_Module)
>
> I have managed to configure connection for wammu/gammu
> (http://wammu.eu/phones/sony-ericsson/3568/).
> I also can connect to broadband.
>
> I'm wondering if it would be possible to configure gnokii to access
> this GSM module and data written to SIM card (contacts, send/receive SMS,
> etc.)

Yes, that should work just fine.

> I use GNOKII Version 0.6.27.

You might try newer one, however that should not be problem in this case.

> gnokii --identify does not find the module:
>
> Gnokii serial_open: tcgetattr: Input/output error
> Couldn't open FBUS device: Input/output error

You have shown neither config file nor full debug log. Therefore it's
hard to say where the problem may be. Configuration should be pretty
the same as for gammu. Make sure that port setting matches device file
created by kernel module (the name should be revealed in dmesg).

take care,
--
Pawel Kot