Re: SMS Receiving problem - Nokia 5500

From: Aris L
Subject: Re: SMS Receiving problem - Nokia 5500
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 02:27:49 +0300

Hi,

first of all, I have to clear out that this mail was a reply to a
previous mail of mine, which included a detailed bug report. Of
course, I didn't expect anyone to remember a former message, I just
took for granted that mails appear in threads (gmail-style) so that I
shouldn't write the same things again. Anyway, it doesn't matter, I
just mention that so you don't think I'm so dumb to make a
"my-phone-doesn't-work" error report!

Your reply to my mail was to update gnokii 0.6.27 to 0.6.29

Now, the point. Gnokii partially recognises my mobile phone (Nokia 5500):

gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.29
IMEI         : 351**********71
Manufacturer : Nokia
Model        : Nokia
Product name : Nokia
Revision     : V  04.60

As you can see, it can recognise the manufacture, even the software
version (V 04.60) but not the specific model, which I suppose could be
the problem. Should I mention that mobile's software is fully
upgraded.
I've tried a lot of other "model" options apart from "AT", nothing
worked (didn't even recognise "NOKIA" as "AT" option does).

(gnokii -- monitor works fine, as it did in the previous gnokii version)

Unfortunately, gnokii -- smsreader doesn't work:
gnokii --smsreader
GNOKII Version 0.6.29
Error: Unknown error - well better than nothing!!

Now, the strange fact, I was pointing in my yesterday mail, is that
gnokii's upgrade helped me work with another phone, which also didn't
work while using gnokii 0.6.27. I don't know what kind of clue can
this be, but Sony Ericsson k610 works perfectly now -though it's not
referred to be supported either, while it had completely the same
reactions as Nokia 5500 did.

Last of all, smsd of course doesn't work either (same print).

Thanks again in advance, hope I made myself clear this time,
Aris

*Here are the former messages of this discussion: