Re: Is the Nokia 1209 supported by gnokii?

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Is the Nokia 1209 supported by gnokii?
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:57:48 +0200

2010/6/18 Martin Klaiber:

> I want to read SMS stored inside a Nokia 1209.

I'm sorry the only things we know about the Nokia 1029 thanks to a
gnokii user are in common/misc:

{"1209",  "RH-105",     PM_OLD_DEFAULT }, /* Series 30, phone supports a
very limited command set */

> In www I find contradictory information about the chance to communicate
> with the phone.  Some sites say the easy-flash-connnector is only good
> for flashing these phones.  Other say, with the right cable and proper
> software it is possible to communicate with the phone like with others,
> i.e. read SMS, and so on.

does the 1209 store SMS in memory or only in SIM?
We don't know the commands for flashing, but if there is also a read
command and the SMS are stored in a memory area that can be read, then
in theory you can decode them for --getsms IMHO it's not worth the
hassle for just one model, but if you can legally implement this we
accept patches.

> The latter sites say, the problem might be
> just a newer fbus-protocol in the Nokia 1209.

a fact is that Nokia PC Suite doesn't support the 1209, it might be
because it doesn't implement the needed FBUS commands or because Nokia
just decided not to support it.

--
Daniele Forsi