Synology DS110j Command Timeout

From: Woolers
Subject: Synology DS110j Command Timeout
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:42:14 +0000 (UTC)

I have installed GNOKII on my Synology DS110j NAS and connected an old Nokia
6230 mobile via a CA-53 USB cable which came with the phone.

In the config file, I am using the settings:

[global]
model = series40
port = 1
connection = dku2libusb

When I use the command:
lsusb -d 0421:

I get back:
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0421:04b8 Nokia Mobile Phones
(or words to that effect)

So I assume the driver is working in some sense. However, when I use:
gnokii --identify

It appears that the program sends a message to the phone (3 times) before
timing out. I assume this means that the phone didn't respond.

Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Woolers