Re: bluetooth nokia phone

From: Roberto Verzola
Subject: Re: bluetooth nokia phone
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 20:25:09 +0800

Thank you for the suggestion, Pawel.

I tried model=AT instead of model=series40 with my 2330c. Under model=AT, gnokii can still talk to the phone, but now --getsms and --showsmsfolderstatus don't even work. I suppose I really need to look for another model. I wonder of some users here can recommend a cheap Nokia model that works fine with gnokii using a bluetooth connection.

Under model=AT: (sms folders not recognized)
address@hidden:~$ gnokii/gnokii-0.6.30/gnokii/gnokii --config 2330c.cfg --showsmsfolderstatus
GNOKII Version 0.6.30
No. Name                                         Id #Msg

Under model=series40: (sms folders recognized)
address@hidden:~$ gnokii/gnokii-0.6.30/gnokii/gnokii --config 2330c.cfg --showsmsfolderstatus
GNOKII Version 0.6.30
No. Name                                         Id #Msg
 0 SMS Folder 1                                F1     0
 1 SMS Inbox                                    IN    24
 2 SMS Outbox, items to be sent    OUS  0
 3 SMS Outbox, sent items              OU  26
 4 SMS Archive                                 AR    0
 5 SMS Drafts                                   DR    0
 6 SMS Templates                            TE     0

Under model=AT: (cannot read any message)
address@hidden:~$ gnokii/gnokii-0.6.30/gnokii/gnokii --config 2330c.cfg --getsms IN 1 24
GNOKII Version 0.6.30
Getting SMS failed (location 1 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 2 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 3 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 4 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 5 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 6 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 7 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 8 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 9 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 10 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 11 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 12 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 13 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 14 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 15 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 16 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 17 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 18 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 19 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 20 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 21 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 22 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 23 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!) Getting SMS failed (location 24 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better than nothing!!)
address@hidden:~$ kate 2330c.cfg

Under model=series40: (gnokii managed to read several messages, and identified some mangled 2330c memory locations due to my earlier use of the --getsms -d option.) address@hidden:~$ gnokii/gnokii-0.6.30/gnokii/gnokii --config 2330c.cfg --getsms IN 1 24
GNOKII Version 0.6.30
Progress: 100% completed
1. Inbox Message (Read)
Date/time: 23/04/2011 19:51:21 +0800