gnomoradio-artists

Re: [gnomoradio-artists] Web radio shows

From: Jim Garrison
Subject: Re: [gnomoradio-artists] Web radio shows
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 16:51:02 -0400

This is something that we have yet to define a policy on.  I think that
it is appropriate to use Gnomoradio to distribute and play audio files
like this, as it saves bandwidth.  At the same time, I don't think it
would be appropriate to have Gnomoradio recommend audio files like
this.  (I don't want to get a 1.5 hour long speech by RMS, or an entire
radio show, when all I really want to do it listen to music.  But I do
want to be able to get these things if I am looking for them)

This is something that we need to take care of pretty quickly, so
overall, I would say that if your radio show is licensed under a free
license, it would be a very good idea at this point.  Otherwise, there
would be little benefit as of now, but it may make more sense in the
near future.

Jim