gnomoradio-devel

[gnomoradio-devel] Gnomoradio playing icons

From: Jim Garrison
Subject: [gnomoradio-devel] Gnomoradio playing icons
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:28:13 -0400

Matt,

Here's the list of different status icons that we need:
1. Obtaining song information (RDF)
2. Song information has been obtained, but it is not downloading (until
you double click on it)
3. Initializing download (finding best place(s) to get it from)
4. Downloading (0-100%)
5. Checksum failed, but trying again (this will only display for a few
seconds during the beginning of the next download)
6. Gave up (song is unavailble currently)

Keep in mind that different parts of the download will happen from
different locations, so if a checksum fails, that doesn't necessarily
mean we're back to 0%, although it could, especially now where the RDF
format does not include checksums for different chunks on the file.  I
still have to add things to roboradio that notify gnomoradio when this
stuff happens, but I figured I would let you get on to making those
icons.

Peace.
Jim

--