gnomoradio-devel

[gnomoradio-devel] Plans for 0.9

From: Jim Garrison
Subject: [gnomoradio-devel] Plans for 0.9
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:25:28 -0500

Hey guys,

We hope to have an 0.9 release out within the next week or so.  It will
consist mostly of bugfixes and major interface improvements.  Among many
little things, this will include status icons for both songs and
playlists.  We are also working on a Druid to assist a first-time user
in using the program by finding local music, setting up a radio
playlist, and asking for basic preferences.  0.9 will not just start
downloading random things once it is turned on like 0.8 did. :)

Basicly, we need to adopt the philosophy of respecting the user and
always letting him or her know what is going on (sending overwhelming
amounts of information to the console isn't good enough anymore).  This
won't be hard, but it is something that we need to have in place by the
next release.

Let me know if anybody else has any other suggestions.

Later,
Jim