gnomoradio-devel

[gnomoradio-devel] 0.9 TODO

From: Jim Garrison
Subject: [gnomoradio-devel] 0.9 TODO
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:15:40 -0500

Hey guys,

Here's a list of everything that is left to be done before the 0.9
release.  It's pretty short, and if we all hack on whatever we can any
time we get a chance, it shouldn't take long at all.

1. There is a minor bug in http-server.cc that I will be fixing in the
next few days.

2. The druid that introduces a person to the program exists, but it is
not pretty in any way, and it is not very helpful either.  Basicly, we
just need to go through this and make the labels and packing useful, but
all of the functionality is there.

3. There needs to be a way to create Radio playlists, and this has to be
integrated into the Druid in a friendly way so people can begin getting
new music if they desire when they first start the program.

4. There needs to be some sort of notification of download status
(percentage) in the UI.  This will probably come from some sort of
dynamically generated pixmap being assigned into the status icon in the
playlist.

5. Any other bugs that come up between now and the release.

6. Maybe there should be an option on the file menu to re-run the
Druid.  At the same time, everything that the Druid does can be found in
the prefs, but it's something to keep in mind, and it's something that I
welcome feedback on.

After the 0.9 release, I will add a link to Gnome Bugzilla on the page,
because at that point, we need to hear about any actual bugs or compile
issues, and we will have fixed everything known already.

After that, we need to focus on further interface improvements such as
creating search lists in the UI.  I think Matt already has some good
ideas on that, so if you get a chance Matt, take a look at
roboradio/song-list-search.cc and try to understand the XML format for
describing the search lists.  There's a few made in roboradio/state.cc
(the beginning of load_song_lists i think) and in
gnomoradio/main-window.cc under the search function.  I'm sure that the
XML format is not conclusive, so if you think of any more ideas of
searching for songs, feel free to use them.

Take it easy.

Jim