gnoppix-user

[Gnoppix-user] booting gnoppix on a machine with an adaptec 19160 contro

From: Jörn Breyer
Subject: [Gnoppix-user] booting gnoppix on a machine with an adaptec 19160 controller
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:07:56 +0100

hi,
yesterday i got my gnoppix-cd, great..
But when I wanted to bott it on my machine (adaptec scsi 19160 controller,
seagate cheetah hard disk using aic7xxx) a problem occured:
The machine booted gnoppix to the point, where gnoppix probs hard disks....
and then it broke down, telling me:

probing scsi aic7xxx.o

is there a solution to this problem, do I have to specify certain boot options?

I'm a newbie ;-). I know that's no excuse for stupid questions but
if this "cry for help" annoys you, I'm sorry
--
cu joern
Horoskop, Comics, VIPs, Wetter, Sport und Lotto im WEB.DE Screensaver1.2