gnoppix-user

[Gnoppix-user] 0.6.0.2 beta issues

From: david
Subject: [Gnoppix-user] 0.6.0.2 beta issues
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 08:33:13 +1100

Hi Folks

First to any developers reading.... thanks! The Gnome 2.4 packaging is generally brilliant. Perhaps some of the things I am reporting have been fixed in the latest beta, I wasn't able to successfully download the 03 iso.

Anyway
The boot disks stalls on load when I tried it in a box with a adaptec 2840 scsi card. I removed the card and everything proceeded ok. I replaced the card after installing it to the hard drive and loaded a module - no problems.

The default gnome desktop for any user has an issue. It would not completely load until I removed a bunch of old session related files from the .gnome and .gnome-desktop folders.

I still havent figured out how to get a US keyboard by default, I execute loadkeys us at session time to get around this problem.

On the gnome desktop, I have noticed Evolution dies after a little while. ps still reports it to be running but it doesn't appear on the desktop. I tried killing it but evolution would not relaunch. Its OK because the Balsa client is pretty decent :)

Finally, where are the header files for the kernel? They dont show up in dselect and my attempts to load the nvidia driver that I need result in failure because of the lack of the headers.

Thanks again

david